The Department of Communication at the University of Cincinnati promotes knowledge of human communication through research, teaching, and service. We are located in an urban center within a large research university, which provides a dynamic context for connecting theory and practice.
Our award-winning faculty members share a distinctive focus on contemporary social problems. Research centers on understanding issues of voice, identity, public participation, and advocacy/leadership across communication domains including interpersonal, political, organizational, rhetorical, environmental, health, and mediated communication.
Our department promotes excellence in teaching and emphasizes experiential learning and community engagement for students through team-based projects, internships and residencies, service learning and collaboration with community organizations. We offer a nationally-certified public relations program and represent a model community engagement department. Our Master's Degree in Communication provides small cohorts with the focused attention of excellent faculty in preparing for doctoral studies or professional careers.
University of Cincinnati Communication Graduates Commencement Celebration
UC Friends of Communication is hosting a celebration for all graduating Communication students, including seniors and those completing an advanced degree in Communication, with faculty, staff & alumni before Commencement. Read More...
Friday, October 20, 2017
- Friends of Communication Homecoming Happy Hour (TBD)
Saturday, October 21, 2017
- UC Homecoming Parade, COMM faculty-students-alumni will march in parade (Time TBD)
Saturday-Sunday November 11-12, 2017
- Wordcamp Cincinnnati 2017, 9am-5pm, TUC
- The Scripps Howard Foundation offers internships that strive to advance the cause of a free press while also building healthy communities and an improved quality of life through its support of education, vital social services, enriching arts and culture, and inclusive civic affairs. For listed internships click HERE.
- Read more to lean how to find these Scripps Howard Fall Internship descriptions on the Communication Undegraduate Blackboard group and how to register for the Intern in Communication, COMM 3091 course.
UC Professor Steve Fuller Probes Own Spirituality in Yearlong Church Trek - Publishes The Church Experiment
CINCINNATI -- In 2009, Mariemont resident Steve Fuller visited 52 houses of worship in 52 weeks as part of something he called "The Church Experiment."