To apply to the Master's or PhD program in the Department of Geology, your application must include:
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Transcripts from major universities attended. Unofficial transcripts are to be downloaded to the online application. Official transcripts are necessary only if accepted into the program.
- Official GRE scores (aptitude portion only)
- Official TOEFL scores (international students)
- 3 letters of recommendation, which are uploaded by your recommenders to your online application.
GRE and TOEFL scores must be requested from ETS (UC's code is 1833) to be sent to the University of Cincinnati. Information can be found at www.ets.org/gre.
The letters of recommendation will be uploaded by your recommenders to your online application. You will enter recommender contact information while completing your online application. Once you have paid the application fee and submitted your application, your recommenders will be automatically notified via email with instructions for filling out the online recommender form.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15. All application materials (online application, unofficial transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation) must be received by this date. If you are uncertain whether or not your official GRE or TOEFL scores will be received by the University by this date, please contact Krista Smilek.
For further questions regarding the application process, admissions, or the Department of Geology in general, please contact Krista Smilek (email@example.com, 513-556-7169).