McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
7148 Edwards One | Cincinnati, OH 45221-0037
Ph: 513/556.5860 | Fax: 513/556.3477 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
The certificate program in Professional Writing is geared primarily toward working professionals who seek to extend their writing and publishing skills and to gain a more solid academic foundation for their current practices.
The certificate can make working professionals more competitive in today’s job market by extending their skills and introducing them to a wide variety of career opportunities.
Additional career options are listed on the Center for Exploratory Studies website.
These tools assist students to identify course requirements and individual progress toward completion of academic programs. It is important to utilize these resources with personalized guidance from a UC academic advisor regularly to ensure timely graduation..My Degree Audit - for confirmed and current students
My Transfer Course Equivalencies - for students considering transfer to UC
UC Schedule of Classes - search course availability and descriptions
Curriculum Guide Versions:
All applications are given careful and individual review. In some cases, students who do not meet the required GPAs may be admitted.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. BA in English is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.5
Step One: Online Application
You will be required to submit the following materials as part of the Online Application:
- Letter of Intent: State academic goals and professional objectives
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Writing samples (combine all samples into one document): Two substantial pieces of expository writing, 15 to 20 pages each (one of which is academic, if possible) or several shorter pieces (such as articles, reports, or instructions)
Step Two: Required Supplementary Materials
- Two letters of recommendation (no form required): Recommenders will submit letters through the Online system.
- Transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended should be submitted to the mailing address below.
- Proof of English Proficiency is required of all applicants whose native language is not English.
Submit transcripts to:
Graduate School at the University of Cincinnati
110 Van Wormer Hall
P.O. Box 210627
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0627
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.