McMicken College of Arts & Sciences
7148 Edwards One | Cincinnati, OH 45221-0037
Ph: 513/556.5860 | Fax: 513/556.3477 | email@example.com.
Minors & Certificates
Italian Language and Culture
An Italian certificate is an interdisciplinary program that explores the language, cultures, economics, history, geography and politics of
Student Success Factors
Students in Italian usually possess strong verbal skills, some facility with languages and a desire to travel and interact with other cultures. Success factors include a disciplined attitude, willingness to participate in class, regular exposure to the language.
- International studies/business
- Global manager
- International affairs
- Government agencies
Additional career options are listed on the Center for Exploratory Studies website.
These tools assist students to identify course requirements and individual progress toward completion of academic programs. It is important to utilize these resources with personalized guidance from a UC academic advisor regularly to ensure timely graduation..My Degree Audit - for confirmed and current students
My Transfer Course Equivalencies - for students considering transfer to UC
UC Schedule of Classes - search course availability and descriptions
Curriculum Guide Versions:
Italian Language & Culture Certificate Curriculum Guide
- Italian Language and Culture Certificate Requirements
- ITAL1001, Basic Italian I, DC, HU, 5
- ITAL1002, Basic Italian II, DC, HU, 5
- ITAL2015, Italian Composition and Conversation, DC, HU, 3
- ITAL2016, Italian Composition and Conversation II, DC, HU, 3
- XXXXxxxx, Two Elective courses from group below, 6
- CLAS1002, Roman Civilization, DC, HU, 3
- CLAS1021, Greek and Roman Mythology, DC, HU, 3
- CLAS2001, Sports and Entertainment in the Ancient World, DC, HP, 3
- CLAS2011, Classics and Cinema, FA, HU, 3
- CLAS2012, Pompeii: The Life and Death of an Ancient City , FA, HP, 3
- CLAS2023, Art and Archaeology of Ancient Rome , FA, HP, 3
- CLAS3001, Greek and Roman Warfare, DC, HP, 3
- CLAS3002, Greek and Roman Religion, DC, HP, 3
- CLAS3013, Roman Cities , DC, HP, 3
- CLAS3021, Sex and Gender in the Ancient World, SE, HU, 3
- CLAS3022, Sages and Scientists, Scholars and Slaves: Greek and Roman Thinkers in Their Cultural Contexts, SE, HU, 3
- CLAS4001, Bread and Butter: Food in the Ancient World, 3
- CLAS4002, Nuts and Bolts: Technology in the Ancient World, 3
- CLAS4011, Ancient Literary and Rhetorical Theory, 3
- CLAS4012, Roman Law, 3
- ENGC6049, Dante's Divine Comedy, 3 - 4
- HIST1012, Roman History, DC, HP, 3
- HIST3055, The Renaissance in Italy, DC, HP, 3
- HIST3056, The European Renaissance, 3
- ITAL3031, Italian Film, 3
- ITAL3061, Study Tour: Italy, 1 - 15
UC Advantages and Special Opportunities
Students in McMicken College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) enjoy many benefits afforded through study at a research-extensive institution ranked among the nation's top 25 public research universities. UC's urban, Tristate location offers exciting opportunities for global education, research and service learning, while its student-centered focus includes an 11:1 student-faculty ratio, a nationally recognized Center for Exploratory Studies and a highly successful First Year Experience program that teaches critical skills for first-year students and provides connections with important campus resources.
Students already pursuing a degree in any other college at UC can add the certificate to their program. Be sure to submit a declaration of the certificate program using our online form.
Students not currently pursuing a degree may declare the certificate after establishing non-matriculated status.
Make sure that you have declared the certificate program online. Next, make sure that the certificate program director is aware of when you are finishing the program. If you are pursuing another bachelor's degree, then your certificate will be reviewed at the time that you submit your separate degree application.
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.